If you are a new compliance officer or are entering a new role, you will generally have 90 days to prove yourself. During this time people will be closely watching you, and from their observations they will make a decision as to whether or not you will succeed. Many positions will have a 90-day “probation” clause, which gives the company an easy way out should you not reach expectations.
The good news is that there are systematic methods you can employ to both lessen the likelihood of failure and reach the break-even point faster. The specific business situations that confront transitioning leaders vary, but specific types of transition situations, such as start-ups and turnarounds, share certain features and imperatives. Further, there are fundamental principles that underpin success in all transitions at all levels, such as securing early wins.
The First 90 Days...
for less than US$75/month you get:
- unlimited access to all complianceinsider.com articles
- unlimited mobile and tablet access
- an emailed weekly digest on compliance and risk challenges, with key takeaways, practical guidance and direction
- a delivered print copy of each issue of Compliance Insider® magazine
- access to the latest information on dedicated Compliance Insider® events.
To subscribe and access the site now, please click here